Dallas Downtown Association
The Dallas Downtown Association is an organization dedicated to fostering a vibrant downtown as the core of the wonderful city Dallas.
Downtown Dallas is a wonderful place to work and visit. With safe and clean streets, devoted business owners, and a supportive community, historic Dallas is a thriving downtown district.
The DDA has partnered with property owners, the City, and the Urban Renewal District to revitalize our downtown to include locally painted murals, the successful restoration of historic buildings and signage, as well as extensive and award winning façade work at Corby's Public House. Over $2,000,000 in streetscape work has been done which has made downtown an easier and safer place to navigate.
Interesting in supporting our mission to create a unique and vibrant downtown? Join the DDA here!
Much of the work accomplished by the DDA is done by our four volunteer-led committees who have a passion for the downtown and all of Dallas. If you're a new or existing member and interested in volunteering your time, learn more about our committees below!
Organization (Outreach) Committee:
Operating with the approval of the DDA Board, plans and creates the documentation and methods of execution for underlaying organizational structure of the association. The following lists some, but not all, of the committee's functions.
- Drafts and staffs the DDA's Bylaws, Policies and Procedures Manual and Employee Handbook
- Creates and oversees the DDA's members recruitment and retention programs
- Drafts and staffs the DDA's Strategic Plan
- Monitors and ensures the timely preparation and approval of the DDA's Annual Budget
- Monitors and suggests actions to the Board relating to administrative and management practices such as bookkeeping, recordkeeping, member engagement and marketing materials and execution (e.g., website design and updates)
- Monitors and suggests actions to the Board relating to the DDA's image and effectiveness of its mission and activities in the community
Helps shape the physical image of Main Street as a place attractive to shoppers, investors, business owners, and residents.
- Provide design education & advice
- Help plan Urban Renewal District development
- Connect business owners to available incentives & targeting key projects
- Acts as the steward of public spaces within the historic downtown district
- Facilitate the rehabilitation of existing private buildings & of new buildings
- Enhance the walkability and ambiance of the historic downtown
- Acts as the primary point of contact for the DDA for downtown beautification, building restoration and improvements, streetscape, parking and signage plus other physical enhancements or improvements as they develop
- Creates and manages the Dallas Community Arts Master Plan
Economic Vitality Committee:
To understand the economic environment, identify new economic opportunities for the district, connect business owners with available business assistance, identify new businesses and help them locate successfully in Downtown Dallas.
- Knowledge of current economic conditions
- Identifying opportunities for economic growth and expansion
- Strengthening existing and attracting businesses
- Find new uses for historic Main Street buildings that maintain their historic look
- Monitor the economic performance of the historic downtown district
Promotes the downtown by organizing and supporting events and activities that attract both community members and visitors to enjoy Downtown Dallas.
- Plan and implement regular downtown events like the Art and Wine Walk, bingo nights, scarecrow contest, and holiday storefront display contest
- Create marketing plans that businesses can use.
- Portray a positive image of our historic downtown through branding, printed materials, and a robust internet presence both on social media and the DDA website